Search here ...

Search the NJCU Knowledge Base for answers to many frequently asked questions.

How do I file a complaint?

You are here:
< All Topics

You can visit the office of the Dean of Students to file a formal, written complaint and/or report a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can also download the Incident Report Form and mail it to the Office of the Dean of Students.  In addition, you have the option of completing the report online and emailing it to .

Please be advised that if you are filing a complaint against a professor regarding a grade, those complaints must be forwarded to the department/college in which the professor is an instructor.  For example, if a student received an “F” in Political Science 101, and wanted to appeal the grade, the student should speak with the professor first.  If s/he cannot reach an acceptable agreement with the professor and would like to continue the appeal, the student must makean appointment to see the Chairperson of the Department.  If satisfaction is not reached at this level, the student must go to the appropriate Dean, which in this case, is the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents