Search here ...

Search the NJCU Knowledge Base for answers to many frequently asked questions.

I am enrolled at another school, and I want to take a class as a Visiting Student. What do I have to do?

You are here:
< All Topics

A graduate of an accredited college or university, currently enrolled in graduate study at another institution, who wishes to take courses at New Jersey City University for transfer purposes, may apply for admission to graduate study as a “visiting student.”

A visiting student must submit the following:

1. Application for Admission to Graduate Study

2. Application Fee (check or money order payable to “NJCU”)

3. Essay discussing your goals and objectives for taking the course (essay length varies by program)

4. Copy of a transcript reflecting the award of a baccalaureate degree or higher with a GPA of at least 2.75 (except NJCU transcripts, which we will obtain), or an acceptable evaluation of equivalent credentials from a foreign institution

5. An approval letter from the Dean or Department Chairperson of the degree granting college to the University Admissions by the respective deadline date. The visiting student will follow regular registration procedures as a new student.

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents